Don’t Drink Your Calories
Most holiday beverages are loaded with calories, and often because of they contain the world’s greatest anti-nutrient, sugar. If the claim comes in as low calorie, then your bevies will contain a far worse ‘evilness’ – artificial sweetener.
So when it comes to your holiday drinks, don’t let those extra calories add up. Did you know that:
- 8 oz of non-alcoholic eggnog has a whopping 360 calories (then add on the spiced rum)!
- 5 oz glass of white wine comes in far less at 100 calories
- 12 oz beer is typically around 150 calories, and
- 1.5 oz of scotch has 100 calories.
Mixes, juice and pop contain anywhere between 110-150 calories per cup, so look for healthier alternatives. Soda water has virtually no calories. Try this lovely holiday spritzer:
- 2 oz of white wine
- 4 oz club soda
- splash of cranberry juice
- squeeze of fresh lime.
At a cocktail party, hold your drink in your right hand if you are right-handed (or left hand if you’re a lefty). It makes it more difficult to reach for food on impulse.
Be The Designated Driver
Drinking and driving is absolutely not an option. Have one alcoholic bevy on the night, and make it one that you will really enjoy (even if it is full of calories!). You’ll get home safe and with far less calories under your belt.